sunnuntai 15. elokuuta 2010

T. Harv Eker

I had never heard of T.Harv Eker before my friend and a personal trainer suggested to read one of his books and to check out his blog. He had attended T.Harv's seminar and knew the poem Attitudes of Wealth by heart. With this recommendation I decided to buy a book The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind and check some blog posts.

My first reaction to T.Harv Eker's material was that "Dude, this is hard core stuff!". I have read Robert T. Kiyosaki's books and I would say that these two are quite similar. Both are pretty straightforward, both rely on dualistic presentation style (rich vs poor) and both are more practical than academic with their argumentation. When it comes to books, I wouldn't say the one is better than the other. If you have read one, there is not much value added to read another one. However, I think T. Harv Eker's blog is worth of following. Actually, the blog is much better than the book. The blog is more specific, more interesting and does not promote so much T. Harv's seminars as the book does.

Some examples of T.Harv Eker
  • Money is energy. Most people put work energy in and get money energy out. People who achieve financial freedom have learned how to substitute their investment of work energy with other forms of energy. These forms include other people's work, business systems at work, or investment capital at work. Again, first you work hard for money, then you let money work hard for you.
  • "The key to success is to raise your own energy; when you do, people will naturally be attracted to you. And when they show up, bill'em!" - Stuart Wilde
  • Law of Income: "You will be paid in direct proportion to the value you deliver according to the marketplace".
  • Parkinson's law: "Expenses will always rise in direct proportion to income".
  • "The purpose of our lives is to add value to the people of this generation and those that follow". - Buckminster Fuller
  • Definition of an entrepreneur: "A person who solves problems for people at a profit".
  • "If you want to fly with the eagles, don't swim with the ducks"
  • Money will only make you more of what you already are.
  • The goal of creating wealth is not primarily to have a lot of money, the goal of creating wealth is to help you grow yourself into the best person you can possibly be.
  • Poor people trade their time for money. The problem with this strategy is that your time is limited. This means that you invariably have a ceiling on your income. If you choose to get paid for your time, you are pretty much killing your chances for wealth. This rule also applies to personal service businesses, where, again, you generally get paid for your time.
  • The true measure of wealth is net worth, not working income. Always has been, always will be. Net worth is the financial value of everything you own. To determine your net worth, add up the value of everything you own, including your cash and investments such as stocks, bonds, real estate, the current value of your business if you own one, the value of your residence if you own it, and then subtract everything you owe. Net worth is the ultimate measure of wealth because, if necessary, what you own can eventually be liquidated into cash.
  • The four factors of net worth are: 1) income, 2) savings, 3) investments, 4) simplification.
  • Income comes in two forms: working income and passive income. Working income is the money earned from active work. Passive income is money earned without actively working.
  • Simplification goes hand in hand with saving money, whereby you consciously create a lifestyle in which you need less money to live on. By decreasing your cost of living, you increase your savings and the amount of funds available for investing.
  • Until you show you can handle what you've got, you won't get any more.
  • Rich people employ other people to work for them and their money to work for them.
  • The definition of financial freedom is the ability to live the lifestyle you desire without having to work or rely on anyone else for money.
  • Success is a learnable skill. Success is not a "what", it's a "who". The good news is that "who" you are is totally trainable and learnable.
  • To get paid the best, you must be the best.
  • Every master was once a disaster

I'm an excellent money manager, I always pay my self first.

I put money into my financial freedom fund everyday.

My money works hard for me and makes me more and more money.

I earn enough passive income to pay for my desired lifestyle.

I am financially free I work because I choose to not because I have to.

My part time business is managing and investing my money and creating passive income streams.

I Create my life, I create the exact amount of my financial success!

I play the money game to win.

My intention is to great wealth and abundance.

I admire and model rich and successful people.

I believe money is important, money is freedom and money makes life more enjoyable.

I get rich doing what I love, I deserve to be rich because I add value to other peoples lives.

I am a generous giver and an excellent receiver!

I'm truly great full for all the money I have now.

Lucrative opportunities always come my way.

My capasity to earn, hold and grow money expands day by day!!!

Sources:

T.Harv Eker The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind

T.Harv Eker Blog (www.harveker.com)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Related Posts with Thumbnails